Tuesday, September 18, 2007

downtown los angeles

This was a very difficult shot for me to get. I was using my 35mm prime lens, with a shallow depth of field, so I had to stay pretty close behind him to get what I wanted. There was a lot going on in the street, but it felt like the sound of my shutter was the loudest thing on the street. I really didn't want him to hear me, because I loved the casual way he was carrying with his son and talking to him, and I wanted to capture that.

I followed for a half a block, trying very hard to get him without anyone in the background, but it was just too crowded.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it it's beautiful just simply lovely

dmarsh451 said...

it's wonderful to find you here and in future should prove just as good a way to look at your pictures. This is superb.