Saturday, May 17, 2008

weddings


I've always been reluctant to shoot weddings, and I've been particular about which weddings I would shoot. That has less to do with my interest in weddings and more to do with the Bridezilla stories I hear from good friends who shoot weddings on a regular basis. :)

But I've given in and am starting to do more. Courthouse weddings are my favorite. Small weddings, civil ceremonies, backyard things, those are the best to shoot. I've got a Berkeley sort of hippie wedding coming up in a few months that I simply cannot wait to do!

So there. I've even added a wedding gallery to my website, in a gallery called "a very big deal." Check it out.

5 comments:

patrick said...

Your recent courthouse shots are great! I don't like doing weddings either, but, like you, I'll shoot those that appeal to me. I just talked with a couple in my apartment complex last week and they're very interested in the shots not being quite so traditional (although they have an arm's-length list of group shots). I told them I was glad to hear that, and warned them not to be surprised if I showed up with a convex mirror.

susan sabo photography said...

hey, thanks Patrick,

a convex mirror? I may borrow that idea from you. :)

let me know if you shoot that wedding, i'd love to see it.

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan!

I stumbled upon your work and absolutely love your photography style ... so REAL yet it's clear that the moment was captured through the eyes of a skilled artist.

Two things:

I thought you'd want to know that the link in this post doesn't lead to your web site ... there's at type-o which prevents it from linking properly (http://www.susansabophotographpy.com/)

Second ... and I hope this isn't to bold of me to ask a question of you ... *how* did you get your photo to appear in the right column? I know that certain layouts allow for this but I was told that ours doesn't (my layout is the same as yours, strange coincidence, right?) Maybe it's a blogger thing ... my blog is through wordpress. Hmm ... If you have any clues, let me know! :)

susan sabo photography said...

thanks col,

nothing special on the layout. when i upload, i automatically choose the "center" option for images. I've found that it works much better than left or right positioned photos.

Anonymous said...

you know I love love love