Tuesday, January 22, 2008

don't put too much trust in conventionality


My fashion shoots are a bit unconventional. I do shoot traditional look books and straight models shots, but when I'm on a fashion shoot I always make time for a few shots of my own. Sometimes, the client flips over them. Sometimes, the client doesn't understand them :) But one thing is certain, unconventional will always help you stand out, one way or another.

This shot is from a model shoot I did last Sunday with a local agency. Of all the shots I took (many very traditional), this is by far my favorite.

3 comments:

~ ॐ ~ said...

this is a lovely lovely picture...

Rachel Schell said...

this is excellent.

I agree with you, unconventional will make us stand out. most of the shots I do for myself are the winners with the clients, even if they wanted to do all the others. Honestly, I think it comes down to the fact that it is truly us and we are good at that unconventional stuff so it shines more than the standard stuff. clients see that...

Anonymous said...

I stumbled across your blog from Nanaimo Blahg and I'm inspired. I'm starting a professional photography program at my local college in the fall and looking at your sight makes me realize that, while I know I have a good eye, I've got A LOT to learn. Thanks for posting your work. I'm going to keep checking back.